The Transit Agency Board of Trustees serves Ames residents and visitors. File photo
Mayor Ann Campbell is seeking an Ames resident to volunteer for a position on the Ames Transit Agency Board of Trustees.
The volunteer would fill the remainder of Mayor-Elect John Haila’s term until May 15, 2019, and would be eligible for reappointment to another two-year term.
The Transit Agency Board of Trustees is in charge of the establishment, acquisition, operation, management, control and governance of the transit services in Ames. The six members of the board are:
- A member of the Ames City Council
- A senator of the Iowa State University Student Government
- A representative of the ISU Student Government
- The vice president of ISU
- The Ames city manager, and
- A person selected by the mayor
Interested volunteers have until 5 p.m. on Friday to complete an application available in the City Clerk’s Office, City Hall, 515 Clark Ave. or online. The website also contains additional information on specific boards and appointment criteria.